Venue: Penelopes, Arundel Gate, Sheffield, S1 2PR (a few mins walk from Sheffield train station)
Date: 8pm-1am, Thurday 7th November 2013
– Dazed & confused
“Alexandra Cárdenas has no decks. Instead, she’s working on a laptop. A projection behind shows about 20 lines of code, which she is toying with, stripping some away, modifying the parameters of others. The minimal techno starts piling up, reversing on itself. Complex rhythms emerge, fall away, then come back stronger, energising the crowd. Cárdenas is completely lost in the music. This is an “algorave”, where humans dance to algorithms.”
– Wired Magazine
CURIOUS MACHINE (Sheffield)
– glitch cellular automata from SoYo
– thundering industrial techno from the South.
– progressive and recursive house from Ash Sagar
– legendary algokraut live coders from Durham UK and Karlsruhe DE
– Successfully distilling funk into dynamical datapop since 2001
YAXU and PAUL HESSION (Chordpunch, Sheffield and Leeds)
– Yaxu (member of abstract gabber band Slub) will be joined by renowned improv drummer Paul Hession (of Squarepusher Jazz Trio, among many other collaborations) for what promises to be a heavily percussive set.